This 4 day foundation children’s yoga teacher training is available to yoga teachers, nursery and primary school teachers, therapists, parents or anyone who would like to introduce yoga and mindfulness into the lives of children.
The course focuses on nursery, preschool and primary school age children and teaches the foundations for teaching a well-rounded yoga class.
The YogaBeez children’s yoga teacher training incorporates all aspects of the traditional yoga practice blended with Montessori philosophy and works of Howard Gardner and Thich Nhat Hanh to educate, exercise and empower the WHOLE child.
Two year’s prior yoga practice and some experience with children are advisable, however, every applicant will be considered.
By undertaking this foundation level children’s yoga teacher training course, you will gain knowledge of the following areas:
- The brief history of yoga
- Practice and play with essential warm ups and child appropriate yoga poses
- Explore and recognise the power of proper breathing
- Introduction of Mindfulness and meditation for children
- Mindful or Mind-full
- Stress management and Relaxation
- Partner poses and group yoga games
- Explore yoga with music and books
- Benefits of yoga and mindfulness for children
- Discover the stages of child development (ages 2-12 years)
- Understand, educate and exercise the ‘WHOLE’ child – incorporating the classroom curriculum
- Discover the educators at the root of this programme– i.e. Maria Montessori, Jon Kabat-Zinn, etc
- Classroom management
- Ethics of being a good teacher
- Observation, discussion, preparation and jointly teaching a lesson (ages 2-12 years)
- Tips for starting up your career as a children’s yoga teacher